I know my Vince Vaughn, y'all.

Friday, January 14, 2011

Good news! Apparently we all don't have to freak out about our horoscopes changing. Hooray, I get to stay an Aquarius! I found my hard hitting summary from CNN explaining the new discovery:
"But before astrology fans scrape the ink from their arms because they think they're now a Virgo instead of a Libra, they should consider this: If they adhered to the tropical zodiac - which, if they're a Westerner, they probably did – absolutely nothing has changed for them.
That's because the tropical zodiac – which is fixed to seasons, and which Western astrology adheres to – differs from the sidereal zodiac – which is fixed to constellations and is followed more in the East, and is the type of zodiac to which the Star Tribune article ultimately refers."
Happy day indeed. :)

Have any of you downloaded the Hipstamtic app? It's a photo app that distorts your iPhone photos, but in a way makes them very pretty. I'm slowly becoming obsessed.

Here are a few shots from lunch yesterday. I went to a new place right off King Street, The Patat Spot. Patat Spot specializes in falafels and friets, but I found their shining star to be the sauce and salad bar selection.

 I am now officially a fan of Curry Ketchup. It was absolutely delicious on my friets (french fries).

The salad bar selections for the falafel were awesome. I loaded mine up with pickled califlower, hummer, cucumber yogurt, sprouts, and an apple slaw. I didn't really have any rhyme or reason with my toppings, I just wanted to try as many things as I could.
My only real complaint with The Patat Spot was the wait. It's counter service and I ordered my lunch to go so I could get back to work. It probably took a good 20 minutes to get my meal. I'm fine with waiting most of the time, but with a limited menu you'd think there would be a quicker way to serve. No biggie, but now I won't grab lunch there if I'm in a hurry.

Patat Spot Friet & Falafel on Urbanspoon

Check out my artsy food photos. ;)



Last night I continued the theme of eating out with Thursday night trivia at Yo Burrito. I can't decide if my favorite thing at YoBo is trivia, queso, or the mason jar margaritas. I'll just call it a tie. :)


I do have to toot my horn a little bit...I was mighty proud of myself for getting the final question right. Let's see if you've got what it takes...put the following Vince Vaughn movies in order from top to bottom grossing:
  • Anchorman
  • Wedding Crashers
  • Psycho
  • The Break Up
Sooo....Are you a trivia champion? No cheating! ;p

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tip on the Marc Jacobs Dress! That new restaurant looks delish! I am going to have to try it soon, I love falafel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love photo apps! My Droid has something similar, it's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That place sounds and looks awesome, bummer about the lag of turn around time with service.

    Ok, I suck at trivia but am going to give this a shot.....

    The Break Up
    Wedding Crashers
    Anchorman
    Psycho

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the feedback peeps! We are improving our service by the day. We are only 2 weeks old(Saturday) and trying to iron out all of the kinks. We will continue to try our best to provide a quick fantastic meal made with only the finest ingredients. Thanks for your patience as we strive to be the best falafel friet house in the Southeast. :o)

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs