Happy Birthday, Adam!

Monday, February 14, 2011

This past weekend was spent celebrating Adam! His birthday was on Saturday so the whole weekend was left up to him. I love going over the top for his birthday and I think I hit the nail on the head this weekend! I just think it's so much fun to spoil him because he spoils me so much!

Friday was a fairly low-key night. We went to a movie and ended up crashing pretty early. We saw The Eagle. I didn't really like it, but he enjoyed it a lot - so I can't really give a recommendation. I did cheat a little bit on Friday because I gave him his birthday gift a day early. The gift was really heavy and I kept thinking that if he carried it home he'd somehow figure out what it was. Well, he had no idea what is was when he opened it!
A telescope!
And here it is in all its glory
Adam has recently been getting more and more into astronomy. He has binoculars and an iPhone app that helps identify stars, so I figured a telescope was the next logical step.

On Friday I also got my baking skills on and made the Bakerella Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie. I love Bakekella recipes, and this was no exception!




Perfect with a scoop of vanilla ice cream :)
Saturday was gorgeous - so we tried to spend as much time outside as possible. Before our dinner we went out to Patriot's Point and hit golf balls at the driving range. I had one of my best days yet. With golf, my goals are small. Hit the ball straight and in the air every time. Ha! Sounds easy - not quite. I'm slowly, slowly getting there.
On Saturday night we had dinner reservations at 17 North in Mount Pleasant with our friends Renee and Tag. We went to 17 North for the first time last year for my birthday and it quickly became Adam's favorite restaurant. I made everyone take pictures of their food, enjoy! ;)
My pork chop, macaroni and cheese, and there are also some collards hiding under there
Adam's mint encrusted lamb rack with wild mushroom risotto
Renee's Spinach Salad with Shrimp
Tag's Lobster Tails, Macaroni and Cheese, and Mashed Potatoes
Dinner was delicious! We topped off our meal with smores on the patio. 17 North has a great outdoor bar and patio with live music, a smores station, and a cornhole/bocci setup. It was a little chilly, but the firepit kept us toasty!

The birthday boy and I!
Tag and Renee
17 North Roadside Kitchen on Urbanspoon

Sunday the beautiful weather continued! Once again we made our way to the driving range (I think I'm addicted) to improve our game. After Patriot's Point we made way downtown to King Street. Every second Sunday of the month King Street is closed off to traffic, so it was really nice to walk up and down the street and not have to worry about cars. It was a gorgeous day!

It was such a fun weekend and I'm so glad I got to help Adam celebrate and spoil him a little. ;)

Happy Valentine's Everyone!

9 comments:

  1. they have a smores station!? that is so cool. i haven't been there. a telescope is a really cool gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome birthday present! I got a dinky telescope way back when, but it's still one of the favorite gifts I've ever received.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG that cookie pie looks bomb. I want to make that but I would have to bring it into work so I wouldnt eat the whole thing.

    And yeah, I need to go 17 North when I am in your hood. That pork chop is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a great weekend. I love 17 north!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool present. I got a telescope for my 40th, I love anything spacey! Sounds like you had a lovely weekend. I think we all deserve to be spoilt on our birthday.

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Valentine's Day!! That chocolate chip cookie pie made me stomach growl! YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like he had a really great birthday! I need to try that restaurant out! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Found you through the blog hop! Looks like you had a great weekend! Hope you have a wonderful Valentine's day too! New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bakerella rocks my world. As would that cookie pie. Anything "cookie" makes me happy. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs