Shem Creek Park and Dock

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

 This past weekend, Adam and I made the trip out to the fairly-new Shem Creek Dock and Park. We were both feeling antsy and wanted to stretch our legs, this was the perfect little stretch to do so. The dock went much further out than I imagined. It was the perfect day for being near the water, a little chilly, but bright and sunny. If you live in the Charleston area, I highly recommend a quick stroll. Especially good for picture snapping. :)

I'm much colder than I appear

Geek
Adam pensively reflecting on life


Last weekend we also went to Tattooed Moose for the first time. I've heard way too many good things about Mike's Duck Club that I couldn't wait any longer. Seriously, this sandwich lives up to the hype. Husk introduced me to the wonders of duck confit, but they now have a serious rival with the duck club. I forgot to take a picture of my meal, but here's on courtesy of Food GPS
The Duck Club comes loaded with duck confit, apple smoked bacon, smoked cheddar, garlic alioli, lettuce, tomato, and red onion on Sweet Hawaiian bread. It is incredible. I really appreciated the bread; it was toasted but never had any problems with scratching the roof of your mouth. Clearly, this meal may be a baby heart attack, but life is all about balance, right? I'll just juice my breakfast the next time I do this. 

On the other hand, I did get a picture of Adam's meal. He is ridiculous. He ordered the Lucky Sub #1, which is BBQ braised pork belly, house made kimchi, tomatoes, cucumbers, crispy onions, cilantro, and sweet red chili sauce. Unfortunately, Adam missed that the sandwich also included wasabi mayonnaise. Now both of us can't do wasabi. I love, love, love spicy food - but I hate wasabi. It's something about the taste. I find it unbearable. As does Adam. Whenever we order sushi we have to sometimes avoid pieces that the wasabi may have touched. You may call us babies, but I just can't stand the stuff. 

So when Adam discovered his lovely sandwich was covered in wasabi, this is what happened:



I went to dinner with a 5-year-old. Apologies Tattooed Moose, he loved the rest of the sandwich.

Side note: Eat the fries! They're fried in duck fat! If you cannot tell, I can't get enough of duck. ;)

Tattooed Moose on Urbanspoon

Tonight I'm off to Coast for restaurant week with my roommates! Have y'all been to any special restaurants this week?

1 comment:

  1. Omg I LOVE the duck club at tattooed moose! I can't wait to try the lucky #1

    ReplyDelete

 
site design by designer blogs